* We have received reports that bulk carrier, GREAT BEAUTY, experienced a shift / collapse of stow of containers stowed in holds 1 to 4 during high winds and waves arising as a result of Typhoon "In-Fa" during the course of the vessel's voyage from Taicang, China to Savannah, USA.
* It is reported that containers stowed in hold 1 of the vessel have been heavily affected, whilst containers stowed in holds 2-4 may have suffered a less serious shift. Containers stowed on deck are not reported be to have been affected by the incident.
* The vessel has returned to Taicang anchorage for inspection and remedial works.
* It is possible that General Average and/or Recovery issues may arise as a result of this casualty.
* If General Average is declared, General Average security may be required from all Cargo Interests prior to the delivery of their cargoes and we will be able to assist in this regard.
* We have already received instructions from certain Cargo Insurers and we have cargo surveyors on hand to investigate the cause of the incident and to ascertain the extent of damage to any affected containers. As a bulk carrier, it will be necessary to investigate, amongst other things, the stowage and securing arrangements within the holds and whether this was appropriate in the circumstances.
* We recommend that you contact us urgently if you are concerned with any cargo on board this vessel so that we may start taking steps to protect your interests.