W K Webster is the world’s leading service provider in the settlement of cargo claims, acting on behalf of marine & transit insurers, and companies that operate their own risk retention programs.
Whatever the style of cargo claim, we provide a prompt and tailored service for the unique needs of each client, irrespective of claims volume. We are proud to assist both well established and start-up insurers, together with any company that has an element of self-insurance or retained risk.
Claims Service for Insurers
We provide a global solution for the management of marine and transit claims from first notice to final settlement. Our service can be further enhanced to include delegated settlement authority and loss funding where appropriate. At all times we will provide full data analytics and system integrations.
Claims Service for Companies with Retained Risk
We manage all types of transit claims and recoveries for organisations with retained risk, we actively manage claims under Self-Insured Retentions (SIR), Annual Aggregate Deductibles (AAD) and Captive Insurance programs. Our service includes the collection of management information and full data analytics.
Short-Term Claims Management
We can also offer short-term cargo claims management services without notice. This service is often required when clients experience staffing shortages, seasonal volume increases, run-off business, or the influx of claims following a particular incident.
CAT Response Team
Our cargo claims service is structured to provide a responsive program in the event of catastrophic or disruptive incidents. We also offer a CAT notification service and if you wish to subscribe please click here.
Our global claims operation also provides a specialised division for the handling and management of household goods and relocation claims. We provide this dedicated service for insurers, relocation brokers, moving companies, relocation management firms and self-insured corporates. To find out more, please click here.
Total Cargo Claims Management
The following is a summary of the key services we provide for cargo claims:
- Full Claims Settling Agency and Third Party Administration (TPA) services;
- Below deductible claims management and recovery of financial liability from logistics providers;
- Industry trained technical experts in marine and transportation;
- Global reach via hub office locations and survey agency network;
- Multilingual colleagues to ensure seamless communication;
- Cultural awareness when dealing with claims;
- US licensed adjusters;
- Dedicated account managers;
- Management Information (MI) with system-to-system integration;
- Loss fund account management in multiple currencies;
- Delegated authority management;
- Global currency settlements by check/cheque or wire;
- Full sanction checking (OFAC, OSFI, UN, EU, UK);
- Settlement, adjustment and policy coverage advice;
- Complex claims team;
- Claim mitigation and salvage;
- Loss prevention & risk management;
- Online claims system from first notice to final settlement;
- ISO 27001 certification;
- Protection of recovery/subrogation;
- Service Level Agreements (SLA) with Key Performance Indicators (KPI);
- Access to ClaimsConsole® technology;
- All services covered by Corporate Policies and Best Practices;
To find out more or to utilise our services, please click on the instruct us button below.